Success in our program requires full commitment by all participants. By enrolling in this course, participants agree to being fully present during all sessions and participate to the best of their ability. This includes arriving on time, abiding by the code of conduct, and engaging in course activities.
- Attendance : In order to provide you with the minimum required training hours for certification, it is important that you are present at all sessions. In order to accommodate unavoidable circumstances, Participation for at least 24/28 of synchronous sessions (be present and active for at least 80% of the session). Is required. Listen-only participation will count as 50% participation. Participants will also be required to
- Provide a Coaching log – at least 10 hours with at least 1 client.
- Participate in Mentor coaching: 7 hours group mentor coaching, and 3 hours individual mentor coaching (provided as part of the course)
- Provide one recording of a coaching session 25-40 minutes which should be assessed as ‘pass’. Skill requirements are available here: (link – https://coachingfederation.org/credentials-and-standards/performance-evaluations/minimum-skills-requirements)
- Write a reflective essay of 800-1200 words, on ‘The Ethics of Coaching Adolescents’.
- Complete the readings in the learning management system.
If a participant has an emergency or becomes ill and is not able to attend a coaching session, they or their representative should contact your instructor and (organization representative) as soon as practical. They will be expected to complete the session materials, review the session recording, and complete a coaching session outside the live session to make up for the missed session.
If they miss more than (4) sessions (10 hours) of the course, they will have the option to work with the instructor to cover the missed material at additional own expense or wait for the next intake to take the missed hours.
Mentor coaching hours are a prerequisite for the ICF ACC credential and If participants miss any hours of mentor coaching, they will need to arrange and pay for individual mentor coaching sessions to complete the required 10 hours of mentor coaching to satisfy the International Coaching federation requirements.
Petitions to this policy are considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted in writing to the instructor and LCE.
Engagement: Our courses are designed to be interactive and engaging for our participants. It is therefore an expectation that participants engage in course activities, including dialogue with the course instructor and peers, mock coaching activities, and experiential learning exercises. If one is unable to participate in an activity, they should inform the instructor as soon as possible. Please refer to the code of conduct for additional details.